Add your shoppable Instagram gallery into any page of your website using the Shopify Auto-install feature which allows you easily add your selected gallery, along with an optional title and subtitle. The Shopify Auto-install works with either an existing page, or a new page.
- Make sure you are already connected with your Shopify store.
If you haven't already done so connect your shopify store:
Main menu > Account details > Connected accounts:
Enter your brand.myshopify.com URL and click to connect. The process will ask you to authenticate the connection. Once you are connected you'll be able to auto-install your galleries as follows:
Auto-Installing your gallery
To embed your feed into your Shopify store, follow these steps:
- In your main menu go to your Shop the feed > Shoppable Galleries > Select the 'Gallery' you wish to auto-Install from the 'Gallery' dropdown.
- Click on the 'Shopify Auto-Install' option
- Select whether you want to add to have a new page created for your gallery, or select an existing page you would like it added to.
- (Optionally) update the Page Title for your selected page
- (Optionally) provide an 'Embed Title' and 'Embed Subtitle' for your gallery.
This will be the text that appears immediately above the gallery
- Decide on your 'Embed Position' i.e. where you'd like to position your embedded gallery. This can be added to the top or bottom of the page you've selected. Note that the option does not matter if you've chosen to create a new page.
See screenshots below:
The auto-install tool allows you to add a gallery to a page, but not to remove or edit it. Removing the embed, or changing the Title/Subtitle will need to be done manually. More information can be found at the end of this article.
How do I change the embed title or remove the embed?
The 'auto-install' feature above allows you to easily add the embed gallery - but you will need to edit the page manually within Shopify if you want to remove the embed, or if you want to update it. This is mainly due to the flexible nature of pages. Note that when you are editing the page on Shopify - the code snippet itself will only be seen if you click to 'Show HTML' as shown in the following screenshot:
How do I add a gallery embed to my homepage?
The auto-install only supports adding the embed to a page of your Shopify store. To add to your homepage, or for other more advanced needs, please see the Manually embedding your Instagram feed in Shopify article.