How you add your Shoppable Galleries to your homepage will vary depending on the options offered to you by the theme you are using. These options are controlled via the 'theme settings' in your Shopify backoffice.
There are two methods you can use:
Use this method when your Shopify Theme supports 'Sections':
Video shows step by step to adding a Shoppable Gallery using the Custom HTML Section.
Use this method if the theme allows you to add a 'Custom HTML' Section. This is where you can paste the HTML code you copy from SNPT.
Start off by copying your SNPT embed code from the > Shoppable Galleries section of your SNPT backoffice:
then, follow these instructions:
- Go to the 'Online store' section of your Shopify backoffice and visit the 'Themes' section. Then click to 'Customize theme'
- From the Sections panel, click to 'Add section'.
- Select 'Custom HTML' from the list of available sections, click 'Add' and then either replace or add your SNPT embed code. (Note that this option may appear within a parent of 'Custom content or similar'.)
*Alternatively, if your theme allows you to specify a 'Page' to 'include in a section' of your homepage you can: Start by creating a Page containing your shoppable feed as described in this article - and then add that Page into a 'Section' of your homepage.
Take notes of your steps. These may vary between themes and stores. Remembering the steps you take will come in handy if you later decide to remove the shoppable gallery embed. We do not provide support for specific themes.
Modifying the HTML for Homepage template of your Shopify Theme
If your theme does not give you the option to include 'pages' into sections of your home page, or the ability to insert code snippets into sections of the homepage, then you can paste the SNPT shoppable galleries embed code into your home page template via your Advanced theme settings.
You should be familiar with some basic HTML if you choose this method or ask your developer to do it for you. We do not provide support for Shopify theme code modification:
The exact steps may vary depending on your theme, but will be very similar to:
- Go to the 'Online store' section of your Shopify backoffice and visit the 'Themes' section.
- Click the 'Actions' button for your active theme, which reveals a dropdown. From here, select to 'Edit code'.
- Click to edit the
index.liquidtemplate, and paste your SNPT shoppable galleries embed code where you want it to appear, as shown in the screenshot above. If you are unsure of where to place the embed, try starting off with placing it at the very bottom, after any other content.