The team here at Snapppt are automatically notified when certain errors occur and promptly react. But, if you are having a problem with your Snapppt embed, here are a few steps you can try:
- Check that the issue is not temporary - by refreshing the page in a few minutes. Snapppt is rapidly growing, and we are working quickly to ensure we are able to cope with increasing demand. As a platform, we're hard at work to iron out any kinks, so if you happen to spot an issue - please confirm it is one that persists before reaching out.
- Check that the embed preview is loading with your embeds page within your Snapppt account. The preview should be loading at the very bottom of the page. If the preview is not loading here, then it rules out the issue of the embed conflicting with other components of your website. If your embed preview is not loading, it's likely we will be aware on working to resolve the matter - but if you are to reach out to us, please let us know if the issue is limited to one browser, and if possible, include any errors that appear in your browser console as described below.
- Check that another component or plugin in your page is not conflicting with the Snapppt embed - by either trying the embed on another page, or temporarily disabling other components to narrow down the issue. There are a huge range of embeds and features your site may already have - from light boxes, to email subscriber forms, to modal windows etc and there is potential for the Snapppt embed to be prevented from loading due to these. So please try the embed on another page, or try temporarily removing other components /plugins to discover where the conflict is - before reaching out and letting us know - we'll be sure to resolve the matter.
ng-appis on the
<html>tag. This is because Angular 1 applications cannot be nested, and this framework is used for the modal of the embeddable shop feed. We are seeking a solution for this, but none is available at present.
- Check with another browser or device - to help narrow down the issue. Please try another browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari to discover if the problem only occurs in certain environments - and also check another device if possible. This could highlight a problem with a particular browser such as an extension you have installed that is blocking the embed for example.
- Contact us with help information - Once you have helped narrow down the issue above, please do get in touch using the in-app messenger. Please be sure to include a link to the exact page where the problem is occurring, and if applicable, a screenshot so we can see exactly what you are seeing. If you are technically inclined, it would be very helpful if you can also include any errors that are displayed in your browsers 'console log', see this article for instructions on how to obtain. Either way, do get in touch and we'll do our best to help!