Snapppt allows you to pull in all content from your Instagram feed. With the ability to filter by hashtag within Shoppable galleries, it is important to be on your a-game when uploading content and adding hashtags.
Sometimes a hashtag is missed when you upload your post. Or the display that you want to create in Snapppt may be based on a hashtag which wasn't included on the original post. Or you have started a new collection, but want to include older posts which didn't include your new hashtag.
You may think its too late to update the hashtags. But never fear, you have not one but two options!
This is important to remember incase you need to find a post within Hashtag Filtering.
- Updating the Hashtag within Snapppt.
- Go to your Snapppt backend and select a post.
- Click on Add/Edit Product Links
- Add in your chosen Hashtag within the text box and then click Save.
You will now be able to include this image when using Hashtag Filtering if you filter by #womensfashion.
NOTE - This will NOT update your post on Instagram.
2. Updating your hashtag on Instagram. **You can only edit posts on a mobile device**
- Login to your Instagram on a mobile device and select the post that you want to update.
- Click on the three dots highlighted in the blue box.
- This will display a menu as shown below. Select Edit.
- You will now have access to Edit the caption and also the hashtags. Add in the hashtag you want to use for Hashtag Filtering within Snapppt.
- Click Done in the top right corner. Your Hashtag has successfully been added to the post.
- Now go into the Snapppt backend. Go to Account Details.
- Scroll to the bottom to Your Connected Accounts.
- Find Instagram and select 'Refresh Media'
- This will then update all posts within Snapppt with any changes made to your Instagram posts.
NOTE - This WILL change your hashtag on Instagram.
Let us know how you get on, you can always get in touch with our support team by clicking on the speech bubble, bottom right.